School Leadership for Refugees’ EducationAuthor: Arar, K. Publisher: Oxfordshire: Routledge Publish: 2020 Country: Language: English Order this book
20% Discount Available – enter the code FLR40 at checkout*
School Leadership for Refugees’ Education examines how educational leaders shape and lead different practices to meet refugee students’ educational needs, while also considering issues of equity and social justice. It presents cutting-edge theoretical understanding and rich first-hand research findings, which point out the local idiosyncrasies and cross-national themes involved in leading welcoming schools for newcomers. The book provides a global analysis of policy guidelines and up-to-date research findings concerning refugee education. Vast populations have been forced to leave their homelands in recent years due to war, political conflict and economic collapse. The countries that provide sanctuary need to ensure quality education that will allow these destitute but hopeful children to build a new future. Through this book a comprehensive model is presented to guide culturally relevant educational leadership to welcome newcomers in their schools and society.
The book forwarded by: Prof. Ira Bogotch, Florida Atlantic University
Endorsed by the following prominent scholars:
- Prof. Tony Bush, Editor Educational Management, Administration & Leadership, University of Nottingham, UK.
- Prof. Jane Wilkinson, Editor Journal of Education Administration and History, Monash University, Australia
- Prof. Allan Walker, The Education University, Hong Kong.
- Prof. Selahattin Turan, Bursa Uludag University, Turkey.
- Prof. Betty Merchant, The University of Texas at San Antonio